Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas & the official name for my Kitten

First off I want to say Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope yours was an amazing one!!! Second I wanted to update you on my new kitten. So it took me a few days after having him to decide what to name him. Nothing was coming at me until one day I was commenting on the volume of his purring and how it sounded like an engine. That's when the person I was talking to said "loud like a diesel engine". For those who haven't seen my previous posts about my car, I own a VW Beetle TDI which is a diesel engine and diesels are well, loud :)
I thought what better name for this gorgeous guy? I had some great suggestions on my YouTube video and I thank you all for those! So kitty's name is officially "Diesel". I can't tell you enough how wonderful it is to have adopted this little guy. And he is little!  He had his 6 month birthday on the 13th of this month and at last check only weighs around 4.6 pounds. (maybe a little more now that he is getting good meals :)
I did start looking up what type of breed he could possibly be and the closest one I found which really fits his personality traits is the Turkish Angora cats. They are actually one of the oldest long haired breeds and absolutely love water! They tend to be a bit on the smaller side too which definitely fits him. They also are very social cats and love to climb all over you and sit on your shoulders. Diesel does all of that ! Here is a pic of a black Turkish Angora and then Diesel,. Do you think they look alike?

He does take after his mama (me!) in the way that he is a bit clumsy. Just today I watched as he jumped up onto the table that had a tablecloth on it and he didn't quite estimate his jump effort well enough and ended up almost pulling the whole tablecloth along with candles and cookies along with him! He is such a cuddle bug and lovey boy though and if anyone is looking to get a cat I HIGHLY recommend going to your local shelter to see what cats or kittens they have there. It feels so good to know that I saved this little guys life and was able to give him a good home.
Here is Diesel in the bathroom tub where you will find him every time I get out of the shower 

He has to participate or watch me with pretty much everything. Here he is overseeing my Bodyrock ab workout :)

Here he is on Christmas Eve after a long and stressful day of playing and eating! :)

Let me know if you would like to continue to see some videos of Diesel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment