Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Everyday Makeup Essentials


While I was doing my makeup today I realized how much I love the certain staples that I use everyday. I thought each one deserved a shout out so I decided to post.
To start is my foundation. I discovered the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation through one of my favorite YouTubers MakeupbyAlli when she recommended it in one of her videos. (Check out her channel, she has great reviews and awesome tutorials) This foundation goes on so smooth without any wear due to its 24 hour stay power. The coverage is very good and I rarely need to use any powder throughout the day. For application I typically dot it around my face with a q-tip and then stipple it over my face with a kabuki brush. It doesn't leave my face feeling like it has a ton of foundation on which I love and it gives my skin a sort of velvety texture. Best of all this 0.8fl oz jar goes a very long way for the $12 I spend at the drugstore. I use shade 370 Natural Tan



For my concealer I have to say that the Sheer Cover Duo Concealer is truly amazing. As you can see it's getting pretty worn down, but what's amazing is that I've been using this one since I received it in my Influenster VoxBox many months ago! ( I actually posted a review on this in one of my posts) This concealer goes on like butter and definitely does the trick of covering up those dark under eye circles without drying out or getting cakey. I use the Medium/Tan shade. On the official Sheer Cover website they don't sell this individually, but I know you can find it on sites such as Ebay or Amazon.com



recently started using a loose setting powder and decided to try out the e.l.f High Definition Powder. This stuff is awesome! It's sheer and sets your foundation perfectly. I picked up mine at Target for $3.00


I wasn't much of a bronzer fan back in the day but I think it's perhaps because I didn't know how to use it right. My friend gave me this Milani Bronzer XL not too long ago and I adore it.  They call it "Tan in a Pan for all skin types". It's oil free, with the bronzer on the left side and a light dust shimmer powder on the right. On the official Milani site it retails for $9.99. Target sells it for $8.99
This is #02 Fake Tan



One of my favorite things about some of the e.l.f products is first that they actually work, second the price, and third that they last quite a while. I picked up this blush months ago and absolutely love the doll pink color it gives my cheeks. Found it at Target for $3.00 and its the shade "Pink Passion". Also the e.l.f Blush brush is a perfect match for it, also $3.00 at Target.


Ok, so I like e.l.f.! Lol. The only highlighting product I had ever used was Benefit's "High Beam". It was quite some time ago but I remember after some time that it became very cakey and dried up. I decided to give this one a go, I thought it's a $1.00 what do I have to lose? Let me tell you I LOVE this product. I dot it right at the top of my cheek bones to highlight them as well as at the top of my top lip to make them appear fuller. You have to try this out!


Lastly, is a mascara from one of my other favorite makeup companies. Its the Doll Eye Mascara by NYX. I think I had mentioned in one of my other posts that NYX is sometimes hard to come by. By now though, I know the spots to go. I wasn't really satisfied with some of the mascaras I had been trying out as they definitely didn't deliver what they promised. This mascara definitely delivers. It makes my lashes longer, thicker and really separates them well. The tube doesn't say what kind of black it is , but it's black :) I think I paid around $8.00 for it. 


You might be surprised to find no lipstick or lip gloss amongst my picks. That's because honestly I simply have not found one that I cannot live without. I have a ton of different ones but none have struck my fancy as of yet. If you have any suggestions please leave me a comment and if you have any of these products I would love to hear your feedback! 


No comments:

Post a Comment