Monday, December 17, 2012

DIY Holiday Coffee/Tea Mugs

Another idea inspired by Pinterest!!! These mugs make perfect gifts for the holidays or anytime :)
Now I did experiment a bit with these. Some people posted on Pinterest that you could use Sharpies to write with. I tried that however it rubbed off with washing. I found some paint pens at Michael's and decided to give them a try and ta da! They worked :) I also noticed that the Sharpie brand makes paint pens as well in large assortment of colors so I would think those would work as well. Here is my tutorial on how to make these 


I plan on making a few more of these as gifts since they come out pretty and what's better than a handmade gift?
Here are the items I used:


White mug- $1.00 at Dollar Tree
White mug- $1.00 at Dollar Tree 

Craftsmart Paint Pen Set- $5.99 at Michael's



Make any design or pattern you wish and then place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and ta da!!!  You have an instant gift!

Here are each one I did:





No comments:

Post a Comment