Monday, October 7, 2013

DIY- Halloween & Fall Pumpkin Decor

I love pumpkins, but I'm definitely not the best at carving them. Not to mention they don't usually last like they did when I was a kid, so you usually end up tossing them out before the season is even over. 
So this year I decided I wanted to make some pumpkin decorations that would last through the years, plus who's kidding here. I love me some fancy decor :)
Off to Michael's I went in search of some foam pumpkins. Now while regularly priced they aren't exactly cheap, good ole' Michael's was already have huge discounts on them and we aren't even in the second week of October yet.
I also headed over to the Dollar store where I had heard they had some foam one's as well. Not quite as big, and a little crude to the eye I snatched some up with the idea in mind that I would be leading them through a transformation.

Michael's foam pumpkin: $8.99 regularly with 50% off.

Dollar store pumpkin : $1.00 (duh:)


Pinterest had given me the inspiration to use some lace tights pulled over a pumpkin. I just so happened to have a spare pair in my closet that I didn't need anymore :)
 The lace detail is so cool once pulled over the pumpkin!

I picked up a 8 inch black lace doily I found in the dollar section at Michael's

      
Another dollar section find, but was $1.50. It's 3 yards of rhinestone trim! What a deal!


These cute Halloween picks were $2.99 with 40% off
I use all four for both pumpkins so was definitely worth it

I simply couldn't resist this little guy. How cute is he!!
$2.99


Lastly you need some scissors, some good glue,
 and a clear rubber band


Watch my Youtube Tutorial here: 



Here is finished pumpkin #1
How cool does that tight lace look? So much easier than painting or drawing!




#2... I love the vibrant orange peeking through the black!



Another bargain I found that I had to have is this adorable black cat. Now that I have a black cat I've been keeping my eyes peeled and this was a score. $7.99 with my 40% off coupon!!
Also the gold little gourd on the right I cut a small hole in to fit   the candle. Another great decor idea, especially for the dining room table!







No comments:

Post a Comment