Monday, October 14, 2013

DIY Recipe- Spicy Roasted Chick Pea Snacks

Lately I have been somewhat obsessed with chick peas (garbanzo beans). Not sure why other than it's something that my body is in need of. All that to say, I hopped on Pinterest to find some recipes with chick peas and came across the idea of roasting them. I thought this was a great idea because in those times of just wanting a few handful of salty chips or things that aren't so good for you, you can instead reach for these little guys. 
Another option is putting them in your salad. I typically love chick peas in my salad so having them a bit jazzed up is going to be even better.
You can make them salty, spicy, sweet, or all of the above. Go wild with the options!
Here is the recipe I used, and I suggest doubling or tripling it since one batch won't be enough!

  • 1 can of organic Garbanzo Beans
  • 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
  • 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper


  • Baking Sheet
  • Aluminum foil
  • Measuring spoons


Toss the beans with all of the above ingredients and then spread evenly on foil covered baking sheet.
Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, then toss around and bake for another 15 minutes or until sufficiently crunchy :)
Here's what my first batch looked like.

So tasty and so good! 


If you have tried these or have other variations please comment below or hashtag a pic on Instagram with #aimtocreate 

No comments:

Post a Comment