Monday, March 24, 2014

Part Four- "Do it Myself Monday" Room Makeover Series




I'm back with part four! I decided I would go ahead and show you what I have done thus far. I still have one or two more key items to finish/find so once that is all completed I'll film a final video for you. First thing I did was change the position of the bed. I had originally thought blocking the window would be a bad idea but I was wrong. It gives SOOOO much more room to the whole area and really just makes everything feel fresh and welcoming.
I found this gorgeous reversible duvet set at T.J. Maxx for only $29.99. It's super soft and has the exact colors that I had in mind for the room.  A light grey with white and on the reverse side is a mustard like yellow with white. 
I picked up a black sheet set from Cynthia Rowley also at T.J. Maxx for only $24.99. I love how the black makes everything stand out. Finding the right accent pillows isn't always easy, but this yellow one fell right into my cart while I was at Target and was only $10 on clearance. The grey sequin pillow I had from a previous comforter set.



On the left side of my bed I bought something that I had been wanting forever. A glass DETOLF cabinet from IKEA that could display the pretty tea cups and figurines that I have collected. A small round wood table I already had makes a perfect nightstand, accented with a speckled glass vase I purchased from Michael's for only $4.99 and paired with TORKA dried flowers from IKEA to accent the black and yellow color scheme perfectly.


The IKEA bookcase I had on the other wall showcases perfectly on the other side of the bed. I took the old vintage mirror and turned it sideways, and then propped it up against the wall. This too opens up the room so nicely.  The accessories on this bookcase aren't complete yet so I will post pictures when I am finished.



And that's it for right now! I will be adding some more pillows to the bed as well as purchasing a new computer desk that will help the area be a bit more organized. I also haven't decided it I will refinish my desk or put something else there. Stay tuned though and make sure you check out my Youtube channel and subscribe if you haven't already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment