Monday, September 9, 2013

DIY- Gluten Free Facial Cleanser & Body Scrub

So it's no secret that have been focusing my beauty regimen to be more natural and organic. Well I have also been focusing my eating habits to try and be more Gluten free if possible. While looking up recipes on Pinterest I came across this recipe for a Gluten free Facial Cleanser which can also pass as a body scrub. For those who are extremely gluten sensitive or have Celiac disease, Gluten can be absorbed through the skin, so this is definitely something for you! 

As many know Coconut oil has been all the rage lately with uses ranging from cooking to hair, skin, etc etc. Grapeseed Oil is also another handy thing to have around the house for multiple purposes. First off it's the less expensive of the various oils that are multi-purpose. It's a light oil so it absorbs quickly, and it's odorless. Just like Coconut oil, you can use this in your hair (great for dry scalp) and your skin. It helps regulate oil which is perfect for oily skin and it's filled with Vitamin C which is a big plus. 

Here are the ingredients you will need for this cleanser/scrub:

  • 1 Cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
  • 1/4 Cup of Cold pressed Grapeseed Oil (I am using a Grapeseed oil that I picked up in the beauty section of my health food store, however you can use the oil from the cooking section as well)
  • 1 Cup of Raw Sugar


You will need also:

  • Measuring cup
  • Bowl
  • Spoon 
  • Container with lid (I'm using a glass mason jar with a plastic lid)


Watch my Youtube Tutorial here



Here is what it looks like all mixed and ready to go

I also have been trying out for the past few months oil cleanses for my skin and using Avocado Oil as a moisturizer, both which have really worked wonders. I came across these methods from a fellow Youtuber named Kassie and her channel CloudyApples
Check out my Top Favorite Skin Care Products here where I talk more about this


                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment