Monday, March 3, 2014

Part Three "Do it Myself Monday" Room Makeover Series

Part Three is here! It's time to show you my finished bathroom. 
Watch part three here:

 
                                     

I picked out the color scheme to go along with my bedroom which you will see when that's all finished, so I guess you can tell that at least part of the colors will be grey and white :)
It all starts with a good shower curtain for me.

I found this in the clearance section at T.J. Maxx for only $10! It's Cynthia Rowley brand and I loved how the color accents matched up with the tiling in the bathroom and especially that lovely 70's green of the bathtub. The hooks were ones I had used in a previous bathroom and I purchased them at Target a few years back. I broke them out again because they go perfectly with the grey and silver accents I have.


I picked up some green towels also by Cynthia Rowley to hang on each towel bar.  Then there is the grey terry/foam bathmat from Target and I believe was around $16. 

The stainless steel trash bin I found at Ross for only $7.99. I was floored by this purchase because it's such good quality and the ones I had seen elsewhere all ran over $20. 

The biggest purchase was the tall white cabinet that I picked up at IKEA. It's from the Fullen series and was $49. 



You can find it on the website here. It's perfect to house some bathroom necessities and I like the mix of a cabinet to conceal things and also the pretty glass shelving to display things. 

My favorite part of the bathroom has to be this IKEA decal on the wall. Isn't it cute?

Just like the one I have in my closet on my mirror, this one I believe came with around 12 sheets or so of different branches and birds. It's called "Slatthult" and you can find on the website here. For only $12.99 you can't beat the gorgeous look it gives to a wall. It's so different from just putting up a framed art piece or picture. You can arrange it in any pattern you wish, so I opted to just kind of have it floating on the wall. 
I also put a few pieces on the wall near the washer and dryer just to tie it all in. On another note, I still might end up putting a valance up on that window. The shade ended up breaking and so I'm not sure if I'm going to replace it or put up a curtain.


For the bathroom sink, there wasn't much I could do other than find a cute little owl soap dispenser (already filled with soap!) at T.J. Maxx for only $7.99. I think it's perfect and just simple and not too distracting. That tiled counter is enough!  The toothbrush cup is actually a candle jar that I used up and cleaned out. I think it's also Cynthia Rowley. 

Over the toilet there is just enough room for a basket for magazines and a candle. On the wall I put up this adorable mirror I found on clearance at Target for only $8.98.


It looks expensive but is actually quite light. That's why I love getting deals because why pay for expensive things when you might want to change it in a few months? You can find things that look like $100 for only $8!
Decorating with mirrors are great because they can really make a small space seem so much larger.

Last is the small awkward sink that I couldn't really do much to other than organize and de-clutter. 
I took everything off the counter except for a silver container that holds my cotton balls and a simple glass cup for my q-tips. I wanted it clean and simple here. The silver container I actually found a few months ago at , you guessed it T.J. Maxx for only $2.50 in the clearance section! 



I kept the square black shelf up and re organized it with the skin care products I use every day. Everything else I put in the new Ikea cabinet


And that is it! I know to some it's not much, but for someone on a budget it's a very nice change to a dull and dark bathroom. I love how light and bright it makes the room feel. Just remember you don't have to completely remodel a room to make a change. Like with clothes, accessories are everything. Sometimes you have to hunt for deals but sometimes fate steps in and you stumble upon them!
 I have a few things left to do in my bedroom so I'm not positive I will have them done for next weeks' video and blog post, but it's coming soon I promise. Stay tuned and happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment